The Haines Township Supervisors are seeking your opinion on accepting bids and moving ahead with renovations to the current township building. The bids received were considerably higher than anticipated coming in at approximately $400,000. Current funds on hand will be used. No funds will be borrowed.
Renovations to include:
- Renovate and expand the current office/meeting room to separate the office from the meeting room. This will increase security for the personal information and records handled by the township and both water authorities.
- Create a fire-rated separation wall from the shop.
- Relocate the public entrance, upgrade the service window/area and add an awning
- New exterior doors and windows
- New floor coverings
- Upgraded HVAC system
- Upgraded electric system
- Upgrade and add two required ADA bathroom
- Create a secure fire-resistant records room
- Create a janitor’s closet
- Create a common work/conference area that will serve as a workspace for the Roadmaster, Sewage Enforcement Officer, Zoning Officer, and provide a second area to host simultaneous meetings should the meeting room already be in use.
- Create required ADA parking area
- Upgrade building exterior including partial building facade, cleaning, and painting remaining structure
- Create a road crew locker area
- Create a kitchenette area
Please email your opinions or suggestions to email@example.com by January 31, 2023.